now, i know i have mentioned this before, but i believe that the best recipes are the ones that live in your head. ones with no real weights and measurements, it's more about handfuls, bunches and pinches. that's how i love to cook.
chimichurri is a pesto'esk herb sauce that can vary a lot in ingredients based on it's spanish and italian influence. it's from Argentina and is used as a sauce or is a sublime marinade on meats. i personally love it so much, i could swirl it into my cereal and smile. my biggest crush, david rocco, made a version close to this one on his show, dulce vita, and i've been savouring the flavour ever since. whoa. have you checked that show out? best ever. i want to marry him, his wife and his whole rustic italian life when i grow up.
some things i use this churri on:
- as a salad dressing...add a bit more oil and or lemon juice for added drizzle factor and use on an arugula, green apple, feta and caper salad. boom. so good. straight sexy time salad.
- a marinade for virtually ANY meat. it is a dream on halibut, beautiful on venison, and chicken was born to be drenched in it (umm, that sounds bad).
- pasta. pizza. bread products. oh. my. gawd.
- piled up on a melty brie round on a cheese plate. expect proposals. people will bow dow to you on one knee. i might be exaggerating. i might not be. try it and you will see.
- as a face mask. okay, i am kidding. but i have contemplated it before. it's that good.